youth counselor/ front desk, trainer
- Developing an age appropriate day-to-day curriculum for camp.
- Effectively supervising kids ages 5-15.
- Create appropriate fundraisers for the campers.
- Create community events for the campers.
- Being responsible for payment accounting for each camper during camp.
- Maintain weekly reports.
- Worked with kids to help develop & unlock their talents &abilities that all kids are capable of doing.
- Provide direct service and support to a Youth group, such as handling a referral for child advocacy issues, conducting a needs evaluation, or resolving problems and complaints.
- Counseled adolescents individually or through group sessions
- organized activities
- filed paperwork
- Used cognitive behavior therapy to assist youth in redirecting poorhabits.
- Interacted with troubled youth and offered resources andprograms to surmount challenges.
- Monitored youth behavior and offered guidance and support forpositive change.
- Liaised with parents and caregivers to provide updates onprogress and behavior.
- Encouraged children to talk issues out with each other and withoutanger, which eased tense situations.
- Engaged and interacted with youth members, teachingsustainable habits and coping mechanisms.
- Supervised individuals in small group atmosphere to cultivatesafety, independence and structure.
- Served as a key representative on Youth Council Government to direction of future plans for camp programs and services
- Responsible for reviewing the Camp’s Campus Master Plan and normal event planning consisting of all short and long-term camp objectives
- Planned and executed a leader ship retreat for all campers assigned, resulting in heightened group morale.
- Youth works is a seasonal employment for the youth during the months of June through August. I was employed with youth works every summer from the year 2010 until 2014.
- Supervise youth to maintain their safety, security, and well-being at all times
- Provide intervention and support for youth in crisis
- Model appropriate behavior and safe communication with peers and staff
- Facilitate a weekly skills training group to encourage positive self-development and empowerment
- Document behavioral interventions and case notes on Efforts to Outcomes software