- Experience in personal injury litigation including motor vehicle accidents, public liability, workplace injuries and superannuation claims.
- Meet with clients, witnesses and other professionals to discuss details of case.
- Investigate facts of a matter and compare with current legislation and case law to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organise and maintain documents in paper and electronic filing system.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes in informal and formal environments including settlement conferences and mediation.
- Supervise legal assistants and ensuring delegated tasks are completed to progress matters.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as contract for sale of land, leases, deeds of rescission, loan agreement, commercial agreement, financial agreement, wills;
- Prepare legal briefs and documents for litigation matters;
- Interpret legal provisions and liaise with relevant authorities including Revenue NSW, Land Registry Services, NSW Fair Trading FIRB, AFSA, ASIC and local councils;
- Advise clients on their legal rights and obligations;
- Coordinate and attend to property settlements;
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the law practice.
- Practice in various areas of law including property, criminal, estate, personal injury, bankruptcy, family and other commercial and civil matters.
- Analyse the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents and advise clients on prospects of bringing or defending claims.
- Gather evidence to advance or defend claims, including interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, mortgages, leases, and other contracts.
- interviewing and providing advice to clients;
- legal research and preparation of legal correspondence;
- preparation and drafting of Court documents;
- preparation and assistance in Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters (building and debt disputes);
- assistance with trial preparation in the District Court of Queensland;
- appearances at the Magistrates Court of Queensland and the District Court of Queensland; and
- adjudication applications and responses under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld).