- Record patient’s medical information and vital signs.
- Prepare patient for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- Transport client to locations outside the home, such as to physicians’ offices or on outings, using a motor vehicle.
- Diabetic care.
- Ordering all medications. Making all appointments.
- Caring for the three pets.
- Treated all wounds; skin tears, rashes, abrasions.
- Reason for leaving: Moved to Roseburg.
- Perform caregiving duties for Stu, a retired man with severe muscular dystrophy (Hygiene, toileting, physical therapy, eating, socializing, driving, and other everyday activities).
- Housekeeping/cooking for Christine.
- Shaved and Cut hair.
- Monitored, recorded, and reported symptoms or changes with patient condition
- Maintained proper supply of/administered and recorded oral, aerosol, intravenous, and topical pharmaceuticals related to treatment plan (as directed by supervising physicians)
- Consulted and coordinated with healthcare team members at Moncton Hospital to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plan
- Recommended and supervised methods, dosages and frequencies for cannabis therapy based on patient symptoms, efficacy, cost and interactions with other treatments
- Monitored all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity
- Explained treatment procedures, medications, diets, and physicians’ instructions to patient
- Contacted relevant medical professionals and offices/organisations to schedule patients for tests or appointments / admission
- Responsible for assisting clients with everyday care.
- Caring for clients that are confined to wheelchairs or beds.
- Performed general duties, such as making necessary calls, answering telephones or completing insurance forms.
- Maintained records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervising oncologist, palliative doctor and nursing staff
- Provided patient with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, automobiles and with dressing and grooming
- Cared for patient by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, and assisting with their personal care
- Planned, purchased & prepared meals for patient and other family members, according to prescribed diet
- Entertained, conversed with and planned activities (as possible) with patient to prevent loneliness and depression