- Conducted legal research for criminal law cases and domestic relations cases
- Appeared in court for hearings
- Appeared in meeting with clients for interrogation
- Examine facts and law of cases
- Identify relevant judicial decisions and statutes
- Organize and track case files
- Prepared memorandums and documents
- Conduct adjournments, video remands, and bail hearings at the Ontario court of Justice
- Manage relationships with professionals from the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Conduct pre-trial screening of first appearance packages
- Speak to clients and help answer questions regarding their case
- Edit and proofread legal documents
- Recommend specific courses of action to clients
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, and depositions
- Drafted letters to attorneys regarding subpoenaed records for review.
- Analyzed and reviewed service agreements and non-renewal notices to contracted companies.
- Kept and monitored legal volumes to ensure that law library is up-to-date.
- Filed pleadings with court clerk.
- Prepared for trial by performing tasks. (i.e) Organizing exhibits.