- Counsel individuals in crisis situations
- Provide support, guidance, and create action plans for recovery
- Differentiate high suicide risk from other less critical situations
- Counsel individuals, groups, or families to help them understand problems, deal with crisis situations, define goals, and develop realistic action plans.
- Help clients with the immediate aftermath of a crisis
- Brief counseling services to help individuals and communities regain a sense of safety
- Provide support and encourage survivors to discuss their experiences
- Developed and cultivated strong relationships with survivors
- Effectively worked with other crisis counselors to develop practical solutions in meeting clients needs or goals
- Document patient information including session notes, safety plans, recommendations, and treatment plans.
- Develop safety plans for callers who present with suicidal or homicidal ideation.
- Answer calls, texts, and chats for organization NYC WELL 24/7.
- Counsel people through crisis by providing support, resources, and coping skills.
- Supporting people in crisis to help bring them to a a cool and calm state. Texters have problems such as anxiety, low self esteem, depression, and even suicidal ideation
- Helped a suicidal texter who was in imminent danger to a state of calm.
- Position requires good communication skills, creativity, and active listening to help texters identify approaches to cope with their problems.
- Properly assess clients risk and behavior to entail their safety eg. call 911, CPS, and more.