- Ensuring all pre-court work is conducted prior to each day’s proceedings (example: preparation and presentation of exhibits, distributing court dockets), preparing and presenting all court documents and ensuring accuracy and completion of same
- Maintain order and decorum in the courtroom, such as administering oaths and cautions, relaying orders of the court arranging adjournment dates)
- liaising with various court staff, stakeholders and judiciary to ensure proper case-flow
- ensuring all proceedings are recorded and annotated in accordance to legislative requirements, ministry guidelines and standards
- ensuring courtroom and court recordings are secure and safeguarded
- preparing and checking court documents for accuracy and completion as per legislated requirements and Rules of Procedure
- coordinating and managing the jury panel and all jury related duties
- Organized requests for court proceedings, opened court cases and forwarded matters to the judge in charge.
- Organized distribution of court decisions and rulings to the parties involved in the court cases.
- Declared clauses of validity.
- Arranged mail receipts, complaints, requests and submissions in a confidential manner.
- Recorded every movement of the court documents and court books in a proper way, completed court cases and filing them to archives.
- Other tasks delegated by the superior.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints and all court orders.
- Entering Dispositions and setting up time payments in court. Average 115 Defendants per session.
- Scheduling ATS and ACS in MAC BPM.
- Running Abstracts, Dockets and Labs for the current court day.
- Posting Bail payment at court window.
- Disposition Requests.
- Enter moving and parking tickets.
senior court clerk
- Placed telephone calls to court clerks
- Complete various forms, such as trial and courtroom requests.
- Interacting with Defendants, Attorneys and General Public.
- Process SLAP applications to Passaic County.
- Provide information to public regarding court procedures and basic information.
- Maintain calendars and pending court cases.
- Routes and upholds legal documentation, includes; traffic and criminal citations, pleas, summonses, subpoenas, appeals, warrants, motions, bonds, defendant correspondence, and request forms.
- Complete nightly reconciliations, accepting and processing payments over telephone
- Sets up defendants payment plans, and installment plans.
- Receives and processes faxes and money grams in a timely manner.
- Updates the court documents and cases that correspond with faxes and money grams.